If evasive, defensive, or crash avoidance driving is your game, then you’ve come to the right place. At The Ranch, we support a variety of anti-terrorist/protective service driving techniques and skills. We currently have over forty vehicles in our fleet.
All driving courses are adjacent to a mock urban area allowing for complete integration scenarios and support full vehicle contact attack scenarios. Simunitions, paintball, smoke grenades, flash bang grenades and IED simulators are available and may be utilized on the driving complex.
Our driving courses have never been closed due to weather and students are expected to drive in all conditions. Students are issued DOT approved helmets and eye protection (ANSI rated) which must be worn during training.
Hard Surface Driving Courses
Our hard surface driving courses replicate improved and unimproved road conditions throughout the world. including gravel and off-road recovery training areas.
Our courses include:
- Varying radius turns, S-turns
- Elevation changes
- Sprinkler system for skid control
- Constant radius turns, Merging and exiting lanes, Skid control/rough surface areas
- Straight away areas
- Static area for vehicle ramming, close quarter driving, reverse outs and attack scenario usage.
If you prefer off-road and specialty driving, then our off-road course is for you. Traversing the entire campus without interfering with the hard surface courses or ranges. The particular course will give you the opportunity to practice the proper methods of traversing obstacles such as logs, ditches, water, mud, sand and inclines, to name a few. All students are trained in 4WD vehicles.
- Dilley Airpark is ten minutes south of the facility
- 5,OO0-foot ILS runway
- Hanger space available
- Aviation fuel available
Vehicles Available for Training
- Rear Wheel Drive (RWD) sedan
- All Wheel Drive (AWD) sedans
- Front Wheel Drive (FWD) sedans
- All Wheel Drive (AWD) SUVs
- Four Wheel Drive (4WD) SUVs
- Four Wheel Drive (4WD) Pick-up Trucks
- Four Wheel Drive (4WD) Armored SUV